But here's what we HAVE gotten done (mostly in the last week!):
- Washed all of the baby clothes and blankets we have (so far)
- Stocked the pantry and freezer with healthy and easy-to-cook foods (we'll see if I actually assemble any freezer meals in the next few weeks)
- Decided to hire the doula we interviewed (yay!)
- Decided that I need a longer maternity leave and that I won't go back to school until after Christmas break.
- Found a wonderful nearby nanny that we can afford!
- Decided that Philip would take Mondays off for several weeks (!!!) after I return to work so that he can have some daddy time with Foetus.
- (Also, our kiddo is nicknamed Foetus. Kendra used it once and the name stuck. Readers should take note that this is a term of endearment much more than simply a British version of the more scientific "fetus." And once we know whether Foetus is a boy or a girl, the name will change.)
In other words, we've gotten a lot of the most mentally and emotionally worrisome stuff out of the way. And I feel MUCH better. I've been pretty stressed the last 2-3 months about childcare and maternity leave, and now that we've made decisions and adjustments, it's a load off my mind.
|34 weeks (Sept. 6)|
|35 weeks (Sept. 13)|
|The cradle has been hanging out by my side of the bed. I've only injured myself a few times...|
|Mom made the bumpers and the sheets for the mattress! Aren't they gorgeous?|
|Changing table (my old dresser handed down from Bepa)|
|Items stored temporarily in closet|
|Cozy nursing nook (we'll work on the cozy factor)|
|Sign from my baby shower; and hopefully the carseat will not be in here past tomorrow!|
|The to-do list I wrote after lying awake for several hours|
And now for some non-baby-related pictures!
|Philip's first day of school! (Sept. 3)|
|We purchased a wall mount for our TV so our fireplace would be accessible. We cover it when we're not using it (thanks for the idea, Al!)|