Tabs

4.04.2011

raindrops keep falling on my head

last week was a long week. between philip beginning school, me wading through piles of papers to be graded just to get to my desk, beginning a new unit with my 8th graders, waiting anxiously for spring break, and an unexpected death in our church, it was a long week. not only were we busy, we were emotionally drained by the time it was done. 

i only had one or two conversations with the woman who passed away, but i think i got a pretty good picture of who she was. she was a lynden christian school board member and encouraged me last summer as i was applying for jobs. she also was part of the committee that interviewed me for my job. i remember being in the interview and feeling encouraged by her constant smile. she was the type of person who could converse with anyone and make them feel as though they knew her. along with everyone else, i'm asking why. 

i'm glad to have spring break to relax a bit. technically, i'm on jury duty this week and next, but i didn't have to go in today. let's hope the pattern continues. i'd like to spend time with my teacher friends tomorrow, bring the car in for a much-needed oil change, and read books on the couch. today i was pretty productive: i was up at 6 (watching a movie), i went to the bank, grocery shopping, returned an item, did some laundry, and got my hair cut. (i think i finally found my stylist. she actually didn't try to sell me hair products or convince me that i wasn't putting enough effort into my looks. plus, we know some of the same people. yay, connections.)

it's also been cold and rainy for a whole week. rainier than usual. i miss sunshine and warmth. ophy and i are cuddling with each other to stay warm. cuddle, cuddle, cuddle.

not much intentionality in this post. i wanted to honor cheryl's memory and ask for prayers for her family (husband and three kids--two in college, one in 9th grade). she was a special woman who will be missed by all the communities she touched.

1 comment:

  1. Keeping Cheryl's family and all who knew her in our prayers. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete